Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Journals with Two Needles Coptic Stitch

In my quest to master the Coptic Stitch and to make journals, I tried using two needles at the same time to make these two journals.The reason I wanted to try this method of Coptic Stitch is that I didn't want a long line of thread on the inside of the signatures. The thread can get in the way when creating in a journal.

The stitching in this first journal is a bit wonky. The second and fourth row of stitches are lopsided as compared to the first and third row of stitches, which have the nice braided look.

Red + Orange journal - 6" x 4.75"

I'm still going to use this journal for myself because the desire effect of having the pages lay flat is achieved. I used paper that I have monoprinted for the signatures so, I'm not staring at a blank page when I start creating.


My second attempt at Two Needles Coptic Stitch was much better. All 4 rows of stitching have the even braided look.


Blue + Navy journal - 6" x 4.75"

 As with the first journal, I used paper that I have monoprinted as signatures.



Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment