Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Commercial Batik Fabric Book with Daisy Runner Stitch

Commercial Batik Fabric Book with Daisy Runner Stitch 6"x4"

I found two more pieces of commercial fabric in my small stash to use to cover a book. I love this floral batik fabric for the outside cover and wish I knew who manufactured it. This fabric paired well with the swirly batik fabric for the inside cover. It's probably the former textile designer in me but I couldn't add any additional stitching except to bind the signatures. I wanted to leave floral batik fabric as is so the colors and design will stand out on its own.

I am learning as I make more books to think about what type of thread and stitch to use so the book tells a story. With this batik fabric, I used Darice Hemp Cord in Turquoise using the Daisy Runner Stitch. The batik fabric and hemp cord conjured up a '60s vibe. The daisy runner stitch ties in perfectly with the floral batik fabric. I used resume paper for the signatures and tore the edges to look more handmade.

outside cover

inside cover

Daisy Runner Stitch

inside cover showing Swirly Batik Fabric and torn signatures

torn resume paper signatures

torn resume paper signatures

 Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment