Pages

Friday, December 29, 2017

Time For Tea - mini sketchbook journal continued

I'm continuing to sketch in my Time For Tea mini (4.5" x 5.5") sketchbook journal. This book was one of the first books I made while teaching myself to book bind. I should mention that I'm continuing to practice book binding. It's an ongoing and inspiring new practice for me. To read about the start of my book binding journey, please click here. To see the sketches from my previous blog posts, please click here.

One of the good things about collage is that if the design is going in a different direction then you had intended to go then cover it up with paper. This sketch was not developing the way I had envisioned it so I covered up most of it was amber and orange painted deli paper. Much better!


 

This sketch was fun to create. I didn't have any preconceived idea of how I wanted it to look like. I just started adding layers of paint, pen marks and papers. Very improvisational. It's more of mess than a masterpiece and that's okay.



Sometimes it's nice to have a light hand when painting. I wasn't concerned about creating light, medium and dark values.



I thought about the elements that I wanted to add to this sketch before I started. The paint colors - indigo, light indigo (not grey), medium and light turquoise, amber splatter and translucent white paint. Addition of brown craft paper and crimson red pencil.



Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment