Pages

Monday, June 24, 2019

My Current Art Journals

This weekend I took inventory of the journals that I'm currently working in. I find it beneficial that each one has a specific use.


Clockwise from the top left:

Mixed Media - 8.5"x9" used children's book made completely out of cardboard and covered with decorative duct tape. Great for mixed media. Right now this art journal is private.

Doodle - 5.5"x8.25" upcycled hard cover book used as substrate and covered with black and white commercial fabric with red ribbon. This journal is bound using hollow back binding method.Currently, using as my Friday Night Doodle art journal.

Hanging by a Thread - 5"x8.5" upcycled hard cover book bound using Coptic stitch. I have been posting artwork from this art journal almost weekly.

Camo - 4" square art journal covered with commercial camouflage fabric and bound using Coptic stitch with scrap paper for signatures. I'm using this little art journal to wipe off excess paint from my brush, test pens/markers and write notes. I haven't shown this journal yet since it's not being used as an art journal quite yet.

Commonplace - 5.5"x8.5" journal made from upcycled hard cover book bound with hollow back binding with black ribbon closure. I have shown parts of this journal. Most of the contents are private since I'm using it to write down thoughts to clear my mind.

Lettering - 6"x7.5" art journal was made using cardboard and collaged magazine images and bound with Coptic stitch. One of the first journals I made using the Coptic stitch. The signatures are 80lb drawing paper. I have been using this art journal to practice lettering. I have shared a few images and will probably show more as time goes on.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment