Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2018

New sketches in my 4"x6" journal

Here a this week's sketches in my new journal that I talked about here.

I decided to change it up a bit and make a 2 page sketch. I'm happy with the composition, colors and materials on this one. I haven't used bleeding tissue paper in my art in quite some time. This material adds some nice texture and color variation to a sketch.


The next sketch, one on the left below, is drastically different than the way it started out. I wish I had taking process photos along the way. It was dark brown, red and turquoise. Needless to say it turned out very muddy looking. With a quick swipe of white gesso, the mess was gone. More bleeding tissue paper was used along with watercolor and oil pastel. I pushed this 80lb drawing paper to the limits with all the layers of paint, etc. and it held up nicely.

The sketch on the right started down the same path as the one on the left. I pulled in the reins and kept the sketch simple.


Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment