Pages

Friday, May 11, 2018

"Language" sketchbook journal

I struggled this week with creating in my "Language" sketchbook journal. I had a lot of starts and stops, painting and repainting, hours of staring at a page without feeling inspired to create. In a way, I feel like I wasted the two wonderful word prompts, "patience" and "what if", on these 2 pages. Instead of dwelling on the negative, I decided to turn this struggle into a positive learning experience. It's only paint (and oil pastel and pen). 

"what if" was overworked so, I have learned that it's best to stop and walk away if the design isn't going in the direction I have planned. A sketchbook journal is made for experimenting. I have to remind myself that each page doesn't have to be a finished piece of art. 

"patience" was going well then I covered the whole page with very mat medium to seal the oil pastel. I normally just go over the oil pastel so the whole design won't look chalky. I was in a hurry to get some art time in before going to my day job. It's kind of ironic if I think about it. I wasn't being patience.
 
"Language" sketchbook journal - patience and what if...

close up - patience 4"x4"

close up - what if...7"x5"

 Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment