Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Woven artwork - "Rainbow Sherbet" series

After completely my "Rolodex Project", l decided to play around a bit before starting a new project. Well, my playing around turned into a series!

I pulled out some paper that was marked using bleeding tissue paper and painted some solid papers with acrylic paints. The size is the same as my recent collages (9" x 12") for consistency. I used Canson XL Mixed Media paper, which is pretty heavy at 98 lbsMy intention was to make collages but I thought the contrast of the solid colored papers vs. the stained paper would work well as woven papers. 


The result is a series called "Rainbow Sherbet".

"Rainbow Sherbet #1"

"Rainbow Sherbet #2"

"Rainbow Sherbet #3"

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. You are on a roll with creative projects, Mia. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I've been having so much fun creating art lately.

      Delete