Saturday, March 19, 2016

Rolodex Project - Day 19

Day 19 of my Rolodex Project. You can read about this project here.

Today's 3" x 5" artwork was made with a scrap of velvet that I discharged with bleach. It's hand stitched with Valdani Pearl Cotton #204 Bright Orange Coral. I tried a few different color threads but the Bright Orange Coral matched perfectly and didn't distract from the main part of the piece, which is the discharged design. Also, I didn't want to over stitch the piece. Just enhance it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

 

Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the organic shape the discharge technique created here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MB! The fabric is so old that I don't remember when I discharged it. I have a few more small pieces of discharged fabric still in my stash.

      Delete