Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2018

New sketches in my journal

I have started working in my new journal that I talked about here. I'm finding that I like the size (4"x6") and, surprisingly, I like creating on a blank page. My previous journal had pages that were monoprinted with acrylic paint. Both journals used the same paper as the signatures, which is Blick White Sulphite Drawing Paper in 80lb weight. Even though this paper is made for drawing, I found that painting with acrylic paint and gluing collage papers work well. Granted I wouldn't use watercolor. When adding felt markers like Sharpie, I find that the marks don't bleed through to the backside if it's applied on top of the paint. If the felt marker is applied directly to the raw paper then there has been some bleeding. All in all, I like using this paper for my journals.





Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment