Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Mini Matchbooks

To be honest, I was always a bit intimidated by creating tiny artwork. Then I realized that I can adapt my loose, abstract, collage style to fit in a small space. I created these Mini Matchbooks.


"Mini Pink Matchbook" and "Mini Green Matchbook"

Deciding what to use as the substrate took some experimenting. I found that this style of matchbooks had strong enough cardboard and shape to work as the substrate. I deconstructed each matchbook so I had a piece for the cover and a piece for the box to hold the pages. There are many artist who use matchbooks so I can't say that I discovered this medium.



The accordion style book works well with a matchbook. I used Blick's White Sulphite Drawing Paper for the base of the accordion pages. Leftover scraps of altered bleeding tissue paper was used to decorate the covers of each book. Each page has a different artwork that was created using paper scraps, acrylic paint and markers.


"Mini Green Matchbook" front view - 1.5"x2"x7"

"Mini Green Matchbook" back view - 1.5"x2"x7"

"Mini Pink Matchbook" front view - 1.5"x2"x9"

"Mini Pink Matchbook" back view - 1.5"x2"x9"

 These two books are on display in eXtreme Fiber Art exhibit at ideaXfactory.





Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment