Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Book Making Workshop and 2 Coptic Stitched Books

This past Saturday (6/2/18) I taught my first book making workshop. The workshop took place at San Fernando Valley Arts and Cultural Center for the members of Surface Art Association. I was too busy to take photos but some of the members posted photos of the day on Facebook. Click here.

It was such a fantastic learning experience for me. Yes, you read that sentence correctly. I learned a lot by teaching others. Some of the things that I learned in no particular order:

Students like to share their knowledge with others, which makes teaching a learning experience for the teacher.
I have knowledge that others want to know.
I can speak in front of an audience without making a fool out of myself.
I can't say enough about being prepared and organized.  
Things will happen that are out of my control. 

Another by product of teaching is having samples to use for future projects. I brought samples of how I decorate my covers in various stages of completion. Instead of storing away for future workshops, I decided to construct books using these samples. Here a two that I finished so far. Both are 6"x4" with Gelli printed paper glued to the covers and bound using the Coptic stitch.





Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment