Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

"Language" - sketches 1 - 4

This week I decided to start creating in my "Language" sketchbook journal. I first blogged about it here. It's an altered book that has monoprinted watercolor papers attached using the long stitch. It was my first attempt at the long stitch using pre-waxed linen thread. Hence the washi tape covering the spine.

The monoprinted papers are various sizes - 8" x 5", 7" x 5" and 4" x 4.5". Having paper that has color on it already can help when starting a new sketch. A white page can be intimidating. 

Each page will have a word or phase or group of words to use as a prompt.
 
"Language" altered book


"Language" - sketch #1

"Language" - sketch #2

"Language" - sketch #3

"Language" - sketch #4



Thanks for checking out my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project... the language prompts are terrific. I like the themes of your sketch books. I am using marks as prompts to spark my creative process. So many avenues to explore within creativity, aren't there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda - I apologize for my delayed reply. Thank you for your support of this project. I'm really enjoying using this form of creativity.

      Delete