Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

3 sketchbook journals - "In Bloom", "Language" and "Uncomfortable Zone"


It's time for me to start creating in a new sketchbook journal. Instead of creating in one at a time, I decided to work in three at once. 

"In Bloom" is another book made using collaged card stock like "Time For Tea". It's 4.5" x 5.5". Instead of watercolor paper like "Time For Tea", it's made with cut up magazine pages as the signatures. I will use this sketchbook journal to create small paper collages.

"Language" is an altered book that has monoprinted watercolor paper in various sizes. This one will be use to create sketches using words or sayings as a prompt.

"Uncomfortable Zone" is a 5" square book made of primed canvas.The story behind the title of this book has to do my goal to work outside my comfort zone. Creating on this material will allow me to add many layers of paint and pen marks. I'm uncomfortable adding layer upon layer in my art. I usually create in an uncluttered style. Let's see how it goes.
 
Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment