Pages

Friday, December 22, 2017

Time For Tea - mini sketchbook journal continued

I'm continuing to sketch in my Time For Tea mini (4.5" x 5.5") sketchbook journal. This book was one of the first books I made while teaching myself to book bind. I should mention that I'm continuing to practice book binding. It's an ongoing and inspiring new practice for me. To read about the start of my book binding journey, please click here. To see the sketches from my previous blog posts, please click here.

Black fluid paint drips. Love doing this technique! I have been trying to incorporate it in one of my mini sketches.



The mixed media abstract using layers is the main style that I want to practice in this sketchbook journal. I'm happy with the way this sketch turned out.



This sketch was created in under 10 minutes. I painted medium blue over the original watercolor ground then glued tie dyed paper on top. The green peeping through on the right is a start of another sketch to be finished soon.



Comfort zone. Sometimes I need to create in my comfort zone. Geometric abstract collage.



Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment