Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Slow Stitch Journal


 


Hi everyone! I hope you're staying healthy and safe. 

As of right now, I'm still going into my day job but the situation is fluid. Other than my day job and grocery shopping, I'm staying close to home. As an artist, I can keep myself busy by finding various ways to be creative and productive. I created this Slow Stitch Journal to use to practice hand stitching and to relax from the day. 

This journal is 4"x6" with a 1" spine. There are 4 signatures with 6 folios in each. The video is showing the first signature. The majority of the fabric was hand dyed by me. The only commercial fabric is the fabric on the spine and the two darker fabric pieces on the back and front covers. I included the bright green fabric to add some oomph. 

I'm working with Quilt N Things Fiber Arts Studio to, hopefully, offer a class on how to make this journal after things settle down.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment