Pages

Friday, November 2, 2018

Album Cover Accordion Book

Awhile back I found some old albums at the thrift store. I noticed some scratches on the records so I knew that no one would want to buy these albums...except an artist. I thought that the covers would work as book covers. Even though there were scratches, I checked to make sure the albums weren't valuable beforehand.

The first album that I decided to repurposed into a book was a 78 record, which is 10". I cut down the album to four 5" squares. That's a manageable size for a book. I haven't created an accordion book in quite some time so, I thought I would use one set for this type of book.

I need to remember to take process photos. Most times I'm in a creative whirlwind that I forget to take out my phone to take photos along the way. The materials I used besides the album cover were Strathmore Bristol Vellium 300 Series paper as the substrate, copies of original sheet music, scraps of pattern and texture tissue paper, monoprinted paper, pens and various types of glues. The finished book measures 5 inch square closed and 5"x30" open.


front cover

back cover







Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment