Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Creating 7 mixed media collages in 2 different collage art journals

 


In this video, I show how I created my new daily collages. This time I created in two different collage art journals – 5” square and approximately 7”x10” repurposed encyclopedia. This is a long video! I provided timestamps below if you want to skip around. 

Side note: collage 5 is a hot mess! I decided to keep the footage to share that not every collage works out the way I had planned. I can’t say enough that working in an art journal or sketchbook is so helpful for my creative practice. By the way, the collage was inspired by artist Pat Steir. If you’re interested in seeing how this style is done properly - http://www.artnet.com/artists/pat-steir/ 

Timestamps:
00:00 collage 1
05:02 collage 2
07:52 collage 3
10:36 collage 4
15:07 collage 5
19:51 collage 6
23:14 collage 7

Music:
"Geneassist" Copyright 07/2020
"Suddenly Spontaneous" Copyright 05/2021
"Big Ideas" and "Sudden Inspiration" Copyright 02/2022
Written & Arranged by Gene Brown
Special permission of use granted to
Mia Bloom Designs by the artist.
http://drawn2themusic.net/

Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment