Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Fiber and Art Quilt Exhibition at Escondido Arts Partnership Municipal Gallery

I'm excited to announce that my fiber piece titled "Underneath" was juried into the Fiber and Art Quilt Exhibition at Escondido Arts Partnership Municipal Gallery. I am honored to be included in the same exhibit with an amazing group of fiber artists.

"Underneath" continues my exploration of the "Peel Away the Layers" series I started in 2011. All the fabric was hand dyed by me. The top layer is a sheet of used tea bag papers sealed with mat medium. Then "peeled" away in certain spots to reveal the fabric underneath.



The exhibit runs from August 8th to September 27th with the Artists' Reception on Saturday, September 13th 5:30-8pm. I will be at the Artists' Reception and love to see some friendly faces.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great work, Mia. Can't wait to find out when the Artists' Reception will be. I really want to take it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I updated the post to include the time of the September 13th reception. I hope to see you then.

      Delete